From:
Miguel Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miguel Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:40:49 -0400
Dear Esteemed Colleagues,

We trust this e-mail finds you well! We would like to cordially invite
you to consider contributing your expertise to our forthcoming book,
entitled Technology for Facilitating Humanity and Combating Social
Deviations: Interdisciplinary Perspectives.

The objective of this book is to provide the rationale,
state-of-the-art studies, proof-of-concepts, experimental studies, and
future perspectives on the use of computing tools to prevent and deal
with the problems of humanity deviations.

Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, those found at the
following link:
http://www.igi-global.com/requests/details.asp?ID=648

We plan to procure works which include a suitable balance of science
and technology with ethical, moral, and legal issues on using
computing for preventing and attacking humanity deviations.

Should you accept this invitation, we would like to kindly ask that,
on or before July 15 2009, you submit via e-mail a 2-3 page chapter
proposal for review that clearly explains the mission and concern of
your proposed chapter. Should your proposal be accepted, you will be
notified by July 31 2009, and given until September 30 2009 to submit
your full chapter upon which it will be sent for double-blind peer
review. Accepted proposals will receive chapter guidelines upon
notification. The book is scheduled to be published in late 2010 by
IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), www.igi-global.com, publisher
of the Information Science Reference (formerly Idea Group Reference),
Medical Information Science Reference, and IGI Publishing imprints.
Additional information regarding this publication can also be found at
http://redmaple.hrl.uoit.ca/~humanity/cfc.htm.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us. We appreciate your consideration of this invitation and
hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,

Miguel Vargas Martin, BSc, MEng, PhD, PEng

Associate Professor
Faculty of Business and Information Technology
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON. L1H 7K4, Canada
P: 905-721-8668 ext. 2834, Fax: 905-721-3167
Email: [log in to unmask]

Miguel A. Garcia-Ruiz, BEng, MSc, PhD

Visiting Professor, Faculty of Business and IT,
University of Ontario Institute of Technology,
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1H 7K4
P. 905 721 8668 ext. 2885, Fax: 905-721-3167
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Arthur Edwards, MSc

Professor, College of Telematics
University of Colima
Ave. Universidad 333, Colima, 28040, Mexico
P./fax: +52(312)3161075
Email: [log in to unmask]

--
Miguel A. Garcia-Ruiz, BEng, MSc, PhD

Now on sabbatical, visiting professor at the Faculty of Business and IT,
University of Ontario Institute of Technology,
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1H 7K4
Tel. 905 721 8668 ext. 2885
http://www.hrl.uoit.ca/~miguelga/

Professor, College of Telematics
University of Colima
Ave. Universidad 333, Colima, 28040, Mexico
Tel./fax: +52(312)3161075
http://docente.ucol.mx/~mgarcia/index_english.html