2ND ROUND CALL FOR PAPERS
SPECIAL TRACK ON XR & IMMERSIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
at IEEE 2020: An International Conference on Engineering, Technology & Learning
8-11 December 2020 - Online/Virtual
Submission Deadline: 17 August 2020
Organized in conjunction with the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN at http://immersivelrn.org ), the Special Track on XR & Immersive Environments for Learning at IEEE TALE 2020 will focus on the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and related technologies for creating environments and experiences that excite, inspire and engage learners in immersive ways. Of interest are reports of both research studies and applications covering the entire spectrum of immersive platform types, including desktop, mobile, wearable and room-based (e.g., CAVE). Authors and presenters are encouraged to think creatively in terms of how they might frame their work to accommodate different conceptions of and perspectives on immersion.
- Hirokazu Kato, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Minjuan Wang, San Diego State University, USA
- Ekaterina Prasolova-Førland, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Henry B. L. Duh, La Trobe University, Australia
- Mark J. W. Lee, Charles Sturt University, Australia
KEY DATES (2nd Round CFP)
- Paper Submission Deadline: 17 August 2020 (Hard Deadline)
- Notification of Acceptance: 1 October 2020
- Camera-ready submission: 8 October 2020
- Early-bird and Presenter Registration: 8 October 2020
- Conference: 8-11 December 2020 (Online/Virtual)
- Full (6-8 pages) Paper for Oral Presentation
- Short (4-6 pages) Paper for Oral Presentation
- Short (4-6 pages) Paper for Poster Presentation
- Work-in-Progress Paper (2-4 pages) for Poster Presentation
PAPER SUBMISSION AND REVIEW
Prospective authors are invited to prepare submissions of two (2) to eight (8) A4 pages (including tables, figures and references) in standard IEEE double-column format, using the following template:
Use of any other IEEE templates is NOT acceptable as there are subtle differences between those templates and the conference template that will affect the consistency in appearance of papers published in the proceedings. Importantly:
- Do not change the paper size (A4) or margins in the template.
- The headers and footers must remain empty. (They should not contain page numbers or anything else!)
- Formatting of the paper must be done using the pre-defined MS-Word styles in the template, rather than manually. The paper must use all the predefined font styles, sizes etc. as per the template.
- Basic examples of citations and references are included in the template, but authors are required to fully adhere to the guidelines and instructions stipulated in the IEEE Reference Guide at http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/IEEE-Reference-Guide.pdf. (Where there are conflicts between the template and the IEEE Reference Guide, the IEEE Reference Guide prevails.)
- Please ensure that all template text (guidance text for composing and formatting conference papers) is removed from your conference paper prior to submission.
- Papers will be accepted only by electronic submission through the conference website, from which guidelines and templates are available. Submissions will not be accepted via e-mail. A blind peer-review process will be used to evaluate all submitted papers.
Please note that due to the tight timelines, in the second CFP round, authors whose papers are accepted or conditionally accepted will have only about one week to complete their revisions and submit their camera-ready versions. Consequently, in this round papers requiring extensive revisions are more likely to be rejected outright than in the first round.
Guidelines for Papers:
Paper Submission System:
PUBLICATION AND INDEXING
All accepted and registered full, short and work-in-progress papers that are presented at TALE 2020 as well as all extended abstracts describing the nontraditional sessions presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore(r) digital library. Content loaded into Xplore is made available by IEEE to its abstracting and indexing partners, including Elsevier (Scopus, Ei Compendex), Clarivate Analytics (CPCI-part of Web of Science) and others, for potential inclusion in their respective databases.
In addition, the authors of selected papers may be invited to submit revised and expanded versions of their papers for possible publication in the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (2019 JCR Impact Factor: 2.714) or another Scopus and/or Web of Science-indexed journal, subject to the relevant journal's regular editorial and peer-review policies and procedures.
Track Chairs: [log in to unmask]
Conference Secretariat: [log in to unmask]
SPONSORING IEEE SOCIETY
IEEE Education Society
IEEE Shikoku Section
(Sent to [log in to unmask])
| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | BRISBANE | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org