From:
Sanchari Das <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sanchari Das <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:10:41 -0600
Hello,

We wholeheartedly invite you to participate in the 5th European Workshop on
Usable Security (EuroUSEC) that will take place online on September 7th via
Zoom.

The EuroUSEC workshop is a forum for research and discussion in the area of
human-centered security and privacy.

** PROGRAM **

The program will feature 18 paper presentations accepted to EuroUSEC 2020
(out of 44 unique submissions), in addition to a participatory activity in
small groups. This combination supports the workshop's spirit of having
meaningful, forward-looking discussions among workshop attendees. The
program will be a single-track. To best balance authors' schedules from
around the world, we have chosen to start at 14:30 CEST (Central European
Summer Time). This start time corresponds to 13:30 BST (British Summer
Time), 17:30 PKT (Pakistan Standard Time), 8:30am EDT (US Eastern), 7:30am
CDT (US Central), and 5:30am PDT (US Pacific). As much as possible, we have
intentionally scheduled presentations from European authors earlier in the
workshop and presentations from North American authors later. Note that the
workshop is being held on Labor Day in the US, which is an unfortunate
consequence of all EuroS&P events being shifted from the dates we
originally chose.

** REGISTRATION **

The website https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu/#registration notes that there
is a three-step process to register for the workshop:

(1) You will need to register officially through
https://ieee-euro-sp-2020.consorzio-cini.it (the IEEE EuroS&P registration
page), granting attendee access EuroS&P and all co-located workshops. At
least one author per workshop paper must register as a "workshop author" at
the higher fee of 189 €. All additional authors and attendees can register
as virtual attendees for 61 €.

(2) Because the registration form for EuroS&P does not collect which
workshop someone plans to attend or other information we need to run a
smooth workshop, and please fill out our informal registration survey, too:
https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bpgPCxqTe7UpPSZ

(3) Upon completing that survey, you will be given a registration link for
our workshop's Slack instance, where much of the discussion will take place
before and during the workshop.

We're looking forward to seeing many of you virtually on September 7, 2020!

Thanks a lot!

Also, please feel free to join the EuroUSEC Slack:
https://join.slack.com/t/eurousec/shared_invite/zt-gf3zipdz-R0~xE7eITV6yGnRB5dpzjw

Sincerely,

Blase Ur and Peter Mayer, EuroUSEC 2020 Co-Chairs

Maximilian Golla, Miranda Wei, and Sanchari Das, EuroUSEC 2020 Publicity
Co-Chairs