From:
Fröhlich Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fröhlich Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2018 16:53:42 +0000
CALL FOR PAPERS

| AutomotiveUI ‘18: The 10th International ACM Conference on

| Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications

| Toronto, Canada, SEPTEMBER, 23-25 2018

| http://www.auto-ui.org/18

| Submission system:  https://new.precisionconference.com/sigchi

| Author information: http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/

The conference will be preceded by the doctoral colloquium on

September 22nd.

Important Dates:

Submissions are accepted until 11:59 p.m AoE (Anywhere on Earth)

Papers:

Submission deadline: April 26, 2018

Decision notification: June 29, 2018

Workshop proposals:

Submission deadline: June 4, 2018

Decision notification: June 22, 2018

Works in Progress, Interactive Demos, Videos and Doctoral
Colloquium:

Submission deadline: July 11, 2018

Decision notification: August 3, 2018

AutomotiveUI, the International ACM Conference on Automotive User

Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier forum

for UI research in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI brings together

researchers and practitioners interested in both the technical and the

human aspects of in-vehicle user interfaces and applications. Consistent

with prior conferences, AutomotiveUI’18 will address novel in-vehicle

services, models of and concepts for enhancing the driver experience,

driver performance and behavior, development of (semi-) autonomous

driving, and the needs of different user groups.

AutomotiveUI’18 invites you to submit original work in one or more of

the following formats: papers, workshops, works in progress and
Interactive Demos, Video Sessions, and Doctoral Colloquium.

Submission Types

Papers: AutomotiveUI Papers are archival publications of

original research. Authors are invited to submit papers (6-10 pages)

formatted in accordance with the two-column ACM SIGCHI format, with
a 150-word abstract (references do not count towards the page limit).
Submissions will be accepted through the Precision Conference submission
system (https://new.precisionconference.com/sigchi).

Authors are encouraged to submit an accompanying video. All accepted
papers will be included in the conference proceedings which will be archived
in the ACM Digital Library. We are also planning a journal special issue;
details forthcoming. Further instructions about this submission category
can be found at http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/papers.

Work In Progress: A Work In Progress is a concise report of late-breaking
findings or other types of innovative or thought-provoking work relevant
for the AutomotiveUI community. All accepted Work in Progress submissions
will be available in the ACM Digital Library.  Details about this submission
category can be found at: http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/work-in-
progress/

Workshops and Tutorials: Workshops address some topic of common
interest to a subset of those attending the AutomotiveUI conference.
Tutorials teach specific materials either by one person or several people.
Submission details will be published at http://www.auto-ui.org/18/workshop-
tutorials.

Interactive Demos: Interactive Demos are presentations or demonstrations
that highlight and foster discussion of current research and development in
the area of automotive user interfaces and interactive vehicular applications.
We encourage submissions from both the industry and the academia. For
Interactive Demos, bring and/or present prototypes, services, devices, and
systems for hands-on interaction. All accepted Demo submissions will be
available in the ACM digital library. Submission details will be published at
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/interactive-demos/

Videos: AutomotiveUI also invites video submissions. The video submissions
can focus on the presentation of research systems, visions of the future,
humorous parodies or thoughtful critiques of AutomotiveUI, and reports on
ethnographic work or user studies. Submission details will be published at
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/video.

The Doctoral Colloquium: The Doctoral Colloquium brings together Ph.D.
students working on topics related to the field of automotive user interfaces
and interactive vehicular applications, providing them with an opportunity to
present and discuss their research with their peers and senior faculty.
Submission details will be published at http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/dc.

Conference Topics include, but are not limited to:

Devices & Interfaces

--------------------

Multi-modal, speech, audio, gestural, natural input/output

In-car gaming, entertainment and social experiences

Interfaces for navigation

Text input and output while driving

Applications and user-interfaces for inter-vehicle communication

Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car

Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user interface component

Electric vehicle interfaces

Affective intelligent interfaces

Automation & Instrumentation

----------------------------

Automated driving and interfaces for (semi) autonomous driving

Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and Augmented Reality (AR) concepts

Cooperative Driving/Connected Vehicles

Assistive technology in the vehicular context

Information access (search, browsing, etc.)

Vehicle-based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity

Entertainment and play (semi) autonomous driving

Ethics

Evaluation & Benchmarking

-------------------------

Methods and tools for automotive user-interface research, including

simulation

Automotive user-interface frameworks and toolkits

Naturalistic/field studies of automotive user interfaces

Automotive user-interface standards

Modeling techniques for cognitive workload and visual demand estimation

Driver Performance & Behavior

-----------------------------

Different user groups and user group characteristics

Subliminal cues, warnings and feedback to augment driving behavior

Emotional state recognition while driving

Detecting/ measuring driver distraction

Detecting and estimating user intentions

Driver modeling

We are looking forward to seeing you in Toronto in September!

Birsen Donmez, University of Toronto (General Chair)

Bruce Walker, Georgia Institute of Technology (Program Co-Chair)

Peter Fröhlich, Austrian Institute of Technology (Program Co-Chair)