From:
Masood Masoodian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:52:53 +0300
Designing Entertainment for Health and Rehabilitation
This workshop will be held as part of the INTETAIN 2017 conference
June 20-22, 2017, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal:
http://www.intetain.org/2017/show/DESIGNING-ENTERTAINMENT-2017

EXTENDED DEADLINE: 1 MAY 2017

Background
-----------------------
Health and healthy living is clearly important to us humans, and we all
want to have healthy and active lives which we can enjoy for as long as
possible. In this context, it is not surprising that an increasing
number of tools and technologies are being developed to support us in
this regard. Many of these tools and technologies tend to rely on our
desire to have fun and be entertained, while working towards achieving
our health-related goals and needs. Despite the popularity of research
and development in the area of entertainment for health, there are not
many opportunities for researchers and practitioners to meet and discuss
their interests and ideas. This workshop aims to provide such a forum
enabling researchers and practitioners to share learnings and
experiences related to design, development, evaluation, and deployment
of entertainment systems for health and rehabilitation.

Contributions
-----------------------
We invite researchers and practitioners from related backgrounds to
submit a paper reporting their contributions to the topics of the
workshop. Topics of interest include, but are not limited, to the
following: healthy living, rehabilitation, prevention, aging,
independent living, person-centred approaches, connected health, and
quality of life and wellbeing.

Workshop Programme
-----------------------
This half-day workshop will consist of short presentations (5-10
minutes) of the accepted papers, a follow-up interactive poster session
to allow discussions, a brief design activity, and time for concluding
discussions and planning of future directions.

Important Dates
-----------------------
Paper Submission deadline: 1 May 2017
Notification of acceptance: 12 May 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 19 May 2017
Workshop date: 20 June 2017

Publication
-----------------------
All accepted workshop papers will be published in the official INTETAIN
proceedings (Springer LNICST). Papers will undergo a regular reviewing
process by members of the workshop’s programme committee.

Submission
-----------------------
Papers should be no more than 4 pages long, and prepared according to
the Springer LNICST format. Microsoft Word and LaTex templates, as well
as complete formatting instructions can be found at:
http://www.springer.com/series/8197. Papers should be sent for reviewing
as a PDF file emailed to [log in to unmask]

Organizers
-----------------------
Paula Alexandra Silva (Maynooth University, Ireland)
Masood Masoodian (Aalto University, Finland)

Programme Committee
Sergi Bermúdez i Badia (M-ITI, Madeira, Portugal)
Mónica Cameirão (M-ITI, Madeira, Portugal)
Saturnino Luz (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
Masood Masoodian (Aalto University, Finland)
Francisco Nunes (TU Wien, Austria)
Paula Alexandra Silva (Maynooth University, Ireland)

--
Masood Masoodian
Professor