From:
Michael Ekstrand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Ekstrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:13:18 -0600
Due to requests, we have extended the deadline for papers for the 2nd
FATREC Workshop on Responsible Recommendation, to be held at RecSys 2018,
until July 23.

Notifications will still be out before the conference's early registration
deadline.

The 2nd FATREC Workshop on Responsible Recommendation at RecSys 2018 is a
venue for discussing problems of social responsibility in maintaining,
evaluating, and studying recommender systems. The importance of the problem
are now increasing due to the empowerment of social networking technologies
and the change of social environment, such as the enforcement of the EU
General Data Protection Regulation. In this workshop, we are welcome
research and position papers about ethical, social, and legal issues
brought by the development and the use of recommendation. And, we will
conduct a discussion for research to contribute socially responsible
recommendation.

Details here: https://piret.gitlab.io/fatrec2018/cfp/

--
Michael D. Ekstrand — [log in to unmask]https://md.ekstrandom.net
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, Boise State University