From:
Gerard Torenvliet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gerard Torenvliet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:44:29 -0400
From: Gary Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Participate in CHI 2006
To: [log in to unmask]

We invite you to plan your contribution to the CHI conference this year.

In addition to the submission areas you have come to expect, there are
CHI notes, work-in-progress and a whole set of community submission
categories, aimed at the designers, usability professionals,
engineers, managers and educators who attend CHI.

If you are a practitioner who attends CHI, but wishes there were more
sessions that speak to your interests and your professional needs, the
CHI conference has made significant changes to address your needs. We
intend to have sessions that are by and for designers, usability
professionals, engineers, managers, and educators, as well as
researchers. But this will only happen if members of those communities
submit to the new community submission areas. Please make this the
most exciting CHI ever. Submit panels, experience reports,
interactivity demonstrations, HCI overviews, and SIGs that are
relevant to the HCI community that is the core of your professional
life.

The conference will be held in Montreal, Canada, April 22-27, 2006.

Key submission dates are:

>   Papers and CHI Notes due: Sept. 23
>   Panels, Experience Reports, HCI Overviews, Interactivity due: Oct. 14
>   Doctoral Consortium, Student Designs, Work-in-Progress, SIGs due: Jan. 13

The CHI 2006 web site at www.chi2006.org has details.

CHI 2006 will also introduce some format changes.

>   The technical program will be extended to four days, Mon. to Thurs., April 24-27.

>  Courses (formerly known as tutorials) will be included in the regular registration fee, will be offered in shorter segments, and will occur as part of the main technical  program.

Help shape the future of CHI, Participate in CHI 2006!

Gary M. Olson, CHI 2006 Conference Chair

--
Gary M. Olson
Paul M. Fitts Professor of Human-Computer Interaction