From:
Louise Barkhuus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Barkhuus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:59:29 -0800
Call for Participation: alt.chi

Submission deadline: January 8th 2008.

Alt.chi invites controversial ideas, novel prototypes, failed but
valuable user studies, bold experiments, and anything else that can
give a fresh perspective on CHI. We invite submissions that explore
technical or practical limitations in technologies or methodologies;
that introduce promising, although currently non-viable techniques;
that critique the current state of the field; and that explore topics
outside of current discussion. We particularly welcome topics on CHI
2008's theme, art.science.balance. We invite work that would
otherwise not have been presented at CHI 2008, because it is too
controversial or outside of the norm.

alt.chi Review Process:
The alt.chi 2008 program will be selected through a non-anonymous
process, where all submissions and reviews are completely open. There
will be an open forum were anyone can register to submit and review,
and all submitters are required to take part in the review process.
All reviews and submissions will be available to anyone who
registers. We want to encourage discussion and debate on what makes a
good alt.chi (or regular CHI) submission, what makes a good review,
and, ultimately, what makes for a fruitful conference experience.

See details at: http://www.chi2008.org/alt.chi.html

Louise Barkhuus and Jofish Kaye, alt.chi co-chairs, 2008