From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:17:40 +0100
Posted on behalf of Dan Diaper [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Apologies for cross postings.

Re: FREE Reviewers' Copies of the 'Handbook of Task Analysis for HCI'.

We have half a dozen free hardback copies of Diaper & Stanton (2004)
"The Handbook of Task Analysis for Human Computer Interaction", worth
USA$159.95 each, for people prepared to review the book, reasonably
quickly.

Anyone interested in this offer should contact Dr. Dan Diaper by email.
Very briefly say: (1) who you are; (2) what are your interests in HCI
and task analysis; and (3) where you might publish your review.  Just in
case we are overwhelmed by offers, then everyone who contacts Dan in the
next couple of weeks who isn't chosen as a reviewer will be offered a
10% discount on the paperback version which, at nearly 700 pages, is in
any case only USA$50 worldwide (and that includes a CD-ROM of the entire
book).

Details of the Handbook, the Preface, Table of Contents, and the
summaries of each section and of each chapter can be found on Dan's web
site.

                        Dan <>

P.S. I think this is The replacement for my, widely cited, 1989 book on
task analysis. As I've been saying in my recent publications, I believe
that everyone in HCI, and in ergonomics/human factors, needs to
understand task analysis, i.e. whether you call it "task analysis" or
something else, it is still the case that what you need to be interested
in is task performance. <>

P.P.S. I've just taken a post as a Senior Research Fellow at Middlesex
University.  It's entirely a research post and I'm looking for
collaborators in industry and academe.  Anyone interested should email
me. <>

Dr. Dan Diaper, Ph.D., MBCS, ILTM,
Senior Research Fellow,
School of Computing Science,
Middlesex University.

Address for correspondence:
School of Computing Science
Middlesex University
Tottenham Campus
White Hart Lane
London N17 8HR
United Kingdom

Email: [log in to unmask]
     or: [log in to unmask]
Web:  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ddiaper
Tel.:  +44 (0)20 8411 4936
Mob: 07840 539957
Fax:  +44 (0)20 8411 6441
Middlesex University - a 'Top 20' UK university The Guardian League
Table 25th May 2004