Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:23:25 -0400
From:
Julianna Barczak <[log in to unmask]>
Reminder-Tutorial Deadlines are coming up! The deadline for CHI 2002
Tutorials submissions is
27 July 2001. Checkout www.acm.org/chi2002  for more information and for
sample submissions.

CHI 2002: Changing the World, Changing Ourselves
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA from 20-25 April 2002
Our theme “changing the world, changing ourselves” draws our attention
to the profound effect that
interactive technologies have on our professional, personal, social, and
academic lives.  We will learn from
past technologies to help us in our quest to shape the technologies of
tomorrow.

NEW! Checkout the Practitioners Special Track:  Extended Interactionary,
Interaction Design Portfolios,
and Usability in Practice. http://www.acm.org/chi2002/new.html

    Extended Interactionary gives interdisciplinary teams of usability
engineers and designers the
    opportunity to work on an interaction design problem in a
competitive and fun environment.

    Interaction Design Portfolios provides professional interaction
designers, design educators, researchers
    and design students the opportunity to showcase their work to the
CHI community.

    Usability in Practice invites usability practitioners and innovators
to present and reflect on the results of
    usability work on actual products.

CHIPLACE!  New this year is an interactive online forum for CHI 2002.
Learn more about the conference,
committee members, planned activities, and other potential attendees in
the months leading up to the
conference. Check back often for new information, participate in the
discussion forums, and make
suggestions for what you would like to see at the conference…checkout
www.chiplace.org

                                                CHI 2002…BE THERE!

We apologize if you have received this message more than once.

Julianna Barczak
CHI Publicity & Publications
Tel 410-280-5044
Fax 410-280-5450