From:
James Clawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Clawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 15:15:56 -0400
1st International Workshop on Designing & Evaluating Mobile Systems for Collocated Group Use @ Mobile HCI 2011 - Stockholm, Sweden

http://nirmalpatel.com/mobile_collocated/index.html

Important Dates
Submissions Due: May 18, 2011 by 23:59 PDT (UTC-7)
Acceptance Notification: May 25, 2011
Camera-ready submission: June 1, 2011
Workshop: August 30, 2011

Workshop Overview
============================
With the proliferation of mobile devices it has become common to see groups of users working or playing together using multiple mobile devices. While much effort is exerted to ensure that interaction with a mobile device is useful for each individual user, less effort has gone into considering how to design and evaluate mobile interfaces and platforms for group use. Recent improvements in the interaction, computing, connectivity and general flexibility of mobile devices make them an ideal, yet underutilized, platform for group level interaction.

Goals
============================
Our goal with this workshop is to bring together researchers who have started to investigate the collocated group use of mobile devices and to shed light on the challenges of designing and evaluating mobile collocated group experiences. We hope to bring together researchers from various research domains with the goal of creating a deeper understanding of issues involved in designing, building, and evaluating end-to-end mobile collocated group experience. Though there are many open research questions in this space we intend to focus our discussion on HCI issues.

Submissions

Submissions should be a maximum of four pages in the MobileHCI 2011 Archive Format and address open research questions on the topics of interest which will be used to foster workshop discussion. Submissions are due by April 30th, 2011 by 23:59 PDT (UTC-7) and should be emailed to [log in to unmask]

A small committee will peer-review submitted papers. Papers will be selected based on several criteria:

- Does the paper fit the theme of the workshop?
- How potentially transformative are the ideas in the paper?
- Does the paper address the research questions of the workshop, or pose new
research questions?
- Is the paper well-written?

Notification of acceptance will be provided by May 21st, 2011. Please note that accepted workshop papers will NOT be published in the conference proceedings nor in the ACM Digital Library. However, the accepted papers will be disbursed to all participants so that they may familiarize themselves with the workshop material prior to attending.

Organizers