From:
Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:34:57 -0400
I am inviting all members of this list to take the tutorial that I'm
running at CSCW'98:

T16. Using Social Network Analysis to Study Computer Networks: Theory,
Methods and Substantive Findings

CSCW'98 is in Seattle this year. The tutorial is on Sunday afternoon, Nov.
15, just before the main program of the conference.

At the tutorial, Laura Garton and I will review the basics of social
network analysis, show how it is being used to study work and community
online, and teach the use of network analytic software. Social network
analysis is a great way to expand HCI and analyze interactions online
among two or more persons.

Our watchword is: a computer network is a social network.

The sooner you sign up, the less expensive it is. So if you're interested,
please do it now. Go to the website: http://www.acm.org/sigchi/cscw98/

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

 Barry Wellman                              [log in to unmask]
 Professor of Sociology          Centre for Urban & Community Studies
 Univ. of Toronto        455 Spadina Ave.      Toronto Canada M5S 2G8
 web: http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman      fax: +1-416-978-7162