From:
"Dennis, Alan R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis, Alan R.
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:01:44 +0000
Top ten reasons to attend the AMCIS 2015 conference in Puerto Rico (August 13-15) <http://amcis2015.aisnet.org>

 10. Puerto Rico is a US territory, so we'll have the best of US infrastructure and Caribbean culture and lifestyle.

 9. The resort is a grand old hotel, a Waldorf Astoria <http://www.elconresort.com/>  that has been the site of many movies, including James Bond and Pirates of the Caribbean.

 8. There will be lots of recreation opportunities, including a beach, waterpark, golf, snorkeling, hiking, and tours of San Juan.

 7. We'll have many exciting research papers on Blue Ocean IS research and a host of other topics.

 6. There is a new type of paper, Emergent Research Forum, that combines a presentation with the opportunity for longer one-on-one discussions.

 5. There are many papers and pre-conference events on Big Data and Analytics.

 4. There are numerous professional development and skills development workshops.

 3. The Keynote will focus on the IBM Watson project.

 2. The Social Events (Thursday reception, Friday cocktail hour, and Saturday beach party) will provide great networking opportunities

And, the number one reason to attend AMCIS 2015..

 1. There is a low registration rate of $525 through June 24, so register now <http://amcis2015.aisnet.org/registration>