From:
Vasiliki Tsaknaki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vasiliki Tsaknaki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:41:34 +0200
We would like to announce that the deadline for *TEI'18 Studio submissions*
has been extended to:

** Wednesday *September 6*, 2017 **

Please read the following information if you are interested in submitting a
Studio proposal at the TEI'18 Conference.

--------------------------------

We would like to invite Studio submissions for the *TEI’18 Conference*,
which will take place in *Stockholm, Sweden* between the *18th - 21st of
March*.

Studios at TEI should encourage new and enriching perspectives on the field
of tangible, embedded, and embodied interaction by combining the practical
and hands-on with academic debate/discussion around the chosen topic. A
studio is a hands-on experience that exposes participants to something new
– a design technique, an unexpected combination of technologies, an
approach to creative design – or that aims to join forces in solving a
common problem. Successful Studio proposals combine theoretical and
practical aspects within the realm of (design) research.

We hope that this year’s theme, Post-digital Design, inspires proposers to
host studios that specifically challenge borders between the digital and
the analogue and, thus, embrace the rich history of TEI (studios). We ask
Studio proposers to indicate where on the continuum of practical and
theoretical skills their Studio proposal can be placed and provide some
insights to whether theory will drive the practical or if through practical
exploration, theory may be developed.

Studios are expected to accommodate around 15 participants each and we
encouraged the studios to be open to every conference participants although
this is ultimately at the discretion of the studio organizers. Each Studio
will be represented by a 4-page extended abstract that will be included in
the Proceedings and published in the ACM Digital Library. Organizers are
also encouraged to arrange for later publications of a Studio intellectual
and creative output, where appropriate.

Studio participants should be registered in the conference (additional
costs will apply). A minimum number of registered participants will be
required for a Studio to take place. All participants will need to register
for the Studio they are attending.

You can visit TEI'18 website  <https://tei.acm.org/2018/studios/>for more
information regarding the process of submitting a Studio proposal, and
other details regarding the call.

If you have any questions about Studios for TEI’18 please contact the Studio
Chairs <[log in to unmask]> Vasiliki Tsaknaki and Martin Murer.

We are looking forward to seeing you at TEI'18 in Stockholm!

Best Regards,

Studio Chairs: Vasiliki Tsaknaki and Martin Murer

*IMPORTANT DATES*

   - ** Extended Deadline **: *September 6*, 2017, 11:59pm HST: Studio
   proposals deadline
   - October, 25, 2017: Notification of acceptance
   - November 20, 2017: Camera ready versions
   - Sunday, March 18, 2018: Studios at TEI 2018