From:
Raimund Dachselt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raimund Dachselt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:34:25 +0100
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS with EXTENDED DEADLINE (with apologies for cross-posting)

**** Please distribute ****

   Workshop on Mobile and Personal Projection (MP2)

                   at CHI 2011

        http://www.mhci.uni-due.de/mp2/

Vancouver Convention Centre, British Columbia, Canada

                   May 8 2011

    EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 28, 2011

=== TOPIC ===

The main goal of the MP2 workshop is to develop an understanding of how mobile and personal projection could be combined with new user interfaces, interaction techniques and applications. We seek new ideas, prototypes, and insights as a basis to develop a deeper understanding of the field. We also wish to bring together key scientists in all participating disciplines and practitioners from the industry. The workshop shall provide an open forum to share information, results and ideas on current research in this area. Furthermore, we aim to develop new ideas on how such devices can be exploited for new forms of interaction with the environment.

We will bring together researchers and practitioners who are concerned with design, development, and implementation of new applications and services using personal mobile and wearable projectors in their user interfaces. Moreover, the workshop aims at conveying hands-on experience with current state-of-the-art technology and prototypes through demonstration sessions.

Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:

·  Applications and interaction techniques for mobile and wearable projection.

·  Personal projection in augmented reality.

·  Interaction with projected interfaces.

·  Projector phones and wearable projectors.

·  Multi-user interactions and applications with mobile and wearable projection.

·  Multimodal and personalized (mobile) user interfaces using personal projection.

·  New application areas of mobile projection.

·  Artistic and unusual ways to utilize mobile projection.

=== WORKSHOP FORMAT and SUBMISSIONS ===

MP2 is the follow-up to the Ubiprojection Workshop (eis.comp.lancs.ac.uk/workshops/ubiproject2010) at Pervasive 2010. It`s a full-day workshop with an extended thematic scope and aim at wider CHI audience with multidisciplinary insights being explicitly encouraged. We ask for papers that address one or more of the research questions mentioned above, or that describe findings that relate to these research questions based on systems the authors have built. We welcome position papers (2 pages) as well as papers reporting novel

concepts, (first) prototypes, studies, applications or interaction concepts (up to 4 pages). All submissions should be prepared according to the standard HCI Archive format (http://chi2011.org/authors/format.html#archiveformat) and should be submitted via EasyChair (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mp2).

Each paper will be reviewed by at least two members of an international program committee. All accepted papers will be made available online and will be published at Sun SITE Central Europe (CEUR) Workshop Proceedings (ceur-ws.org).

=== IMPORTANT DATES ===

January 28, 2011:  EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE

February 11, 2011:  Author Notification

March 11, 2011:  Submission of camera-ready version

May 8, 2011:  Workshop in Vancouver, Canada

=== WEBSITE and CONTACT ===

http://www.mhci.uni-due.de/mp2/

If you have any additional questions please contact us via:

=== ORGANIZERS ===

Enrico Rukzio, University of Duisburg-Essen & Lancaster University, Germany

Matt Jones, Swansea University, UK

Raimund Dachselt, University of Magdeburg, Germany

Michael Rohs, Ludwigs-Maximilian University Munich, Germany

Markus Löchtefeld, DFKI, Germany

Jonna Hakkila, Nokia Research Center Tampere, Finland

Prof. Dr. Raimund Dachselt

User Interface & Software Engineering Group

Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg

http://isgwww.cs.ovgu.de/uise/en/