Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:09:35 -0400
From:
Matthew Lombard <[log in to unmask]>
Colleagues,

We're still finalizing a few details but PRESENCE 2009, the 12th Annual
International Workshop on Presence, in the Marina Del Rey area of Los
Angeles November 11-13, looks to be a particularly rich and rewarding
conference. In addition to a diverse group of interesting paper presentations,
we'll have several demonstrations of telepresence technologies, true
knowledge building and synthesis discussion sessions, invited speakers,
social events including a conference dinner, and a combination of academic
and professional perspectives throughout and in three outstanding keynote
speakers:

Barbara Hayes-Roth, an internationally recognized expert in
intelligent agents and interactive characters;

Howard Lichtman, founder and President of the Human Productivity Lab, an
independent consultancy covering telepresence and effective visual
collaboration industries;

and

Albert "Skip" Rizzo, Research Scientist and Research Professor at the
Institute for Creative Technologies and Department of Psychiatry/School of
Gerontology at the University of Southern California who conducts research
on the design, development, and evaluation of Virtual Reality systems for
clinical assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation.

The full schedule and logitistical and other details are on the International
Society for Presence Research (ISPR) conference web site,
http://ispr.info/conference.

With the latest schedule information available, early registration has been
extended until Thursday, October 15.

We hope to see you in Los Angeles in November! (If you can't join us, we
invite you to check out the other resources on the ISPR web site, including
the free presence-l listserv)

Best,

Jacki Morie and Belinda Lange
USC Institute for Creative Technologies
Conference Co-Chairs

Kwan Min Lee (USC) and Matthew Lombard (Temple U)
Program Committee Co-Chairs

--
Matthew Lombard, Ph.D.
Temple University