** Apologies for cross-posting **
ACII 2017 Call for Demos
7th International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction
October 23-26, 2017, San Antonio, Texas
http://acii2017.org/ or follow us @acii2017
Call for Demos
Have a demo to show off that is innovative and extends the current state-of-the-art on affective computing and intelligent interaction?
This year, in addition to academics, we particularly invite researchers working in innovative startups or in industrial Research & Development to submit their most recent technologies or even a work-in-progress prototype to further engage with the community. The participation in ACII 2017 is a great opportunity to showcase systems and technologies to international conference attendees that includes psychologists, computer and data scientists and practitioners. Demo presenters will benefit from the feedback of the most renowned scientists in the field. Some of them may be willing to be the beta testers. Two-page extended abstract will be published in the Conference Proceedings for all accepted demonstrations.
Theme for 2017 ("Affective Computing in Action")
We strongly invite submission of demos that show the high potential of the application of Affective Computing to help address real-world issues and societal needs. In particular, we expect submissions from academic researchers, companies and startups in domains as different as health care, marketing research, games, education. Demos will be planned and organized according to themes, in order to maximize the visibility of the presenters and their technologies.
Live demos are required in this demo session. Other formats of demonstration such as video recordings or slide shows might be accepted only in exceptional cases. Submissions of demonstrations of research prototypes and innovative commercial products related to applications of affective computing and intelligent interaction are welcome.
Each demonstration application will be reviewed and selected based on its scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, potential for widespread use, and relevance to the topics of ACII.
Demonstration applications should include reasonably detailed technical explanations of the methods used.
What to submit?
The application materials should be combined into a single document including the following three components:
* A two-page extended abstract to be published in the ACII 2017 proceedings. The abstract should include (a) a brief background introduction and description of the system, (b) a summary of the technical contributions of the system, (c) results of a formal evaluation (if applicable) or an experiment to be conducted during the demo (if applicable).
* A URL link to a video recording or screen shots demonstrating how the system works.
* A detailed description of the technical setup and requirements for the demo.
The submission procedure can be found on the website: http://acii2017.org/demos Please note that the invited demo presenters must be registered to the conference.
By default, the conference will provide a table and two chairs for each demo. Special requirements regarding the hardware, software, used modalities, space, and infrastructure (e.g., power supplies, network access, etc.) need to be explicitly explained in the submission. We will try to provide necessary facilities, but presenters are required to provide their own computers and special-purpose equipment. (No page limit for this part)
* Demonstration application submission: July 7, 2017
* Notification of demo application acceptance: August 4, 2017
* Copyright Form Due for Accepted Demos: August 18, 2017
* Camera Ready Papers Due: August 18, 2017
* Ehsan Hoque, University of Rochester, USA, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Marcello Mortillaro, University of Geneva, Switzerland, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
If you have any questions regarding the demo submission, please do not hesitate to contact the demo chairs.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org