Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2017 02:38:11 +0200
From:
Bastian Pfleging <[log in to unmask]>
Due to multiple requests we have extended the deadline for demos
andindustrial showcases for AutomotiveUI 2017 to *July 21, 2017*!

<http://precisionconference.com/%7Esigchi>
| Author information: http://www.auto-ui.org/17/authors/
| Demo & industrial showcase chairs: [log in to unmask]

The conference will be preceded by a day of workshops and the
doctoralcolloquium (September 24) and proceeded by the Summer School of
Critical Systems Engineering (September 28 and 29)

Important Dates:

Submissions are accepted until 11:59 p.m AoE (Anywhere on Earth)

Demos & Industry showcase:*
Submission deadline: July 21, 2017***
Decision notification: August 4, 2017

AutomotiveUI, the International ACM Conference on Automotive User
Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier forum
for UI research in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI brings together
researchers and practitioners interested in both the technical and the
human aspects of in-vehicle user interfaces and applications.
Consistent with prior conferences, AutomotiveUI’17 will address novel
in-vehicle services, models of and concepts for enhancing the driver
experience, driver performance and behavior, development of (semi-)
autonomous driving, and the needs of different user groups.

Submission

Demos: A demo is an exhibition of the operation or use of a device,
machine, process or product to an audience. We see demos as catalysts
for innovation and collaboration between academic and industry. Demos
should foster conversations around technology and methodologies relevant
for the AutomotiveUI community. All submissions will be reviewed and get
a chance to be presented in front of the audience in a dedicated demo
slot. Submissions must consists of a max of 2 pages WIP ACM formatted
paper. Submission details will be published at
http://www.auto-ui.org/17/authors/. Demo submissions must contain a
thorough description of the technology / methodology being displayed,
images or video links to the demo and a description of the demo
requirements in terms of space, power and connectivity.

Industrial showcases: A industrial showcase is a concise report of
late-breaking findings or other types of innovative or thought-provoking
industry -related work relevant for the AutomotiveUI community. All
accepted industry showcase submissions will be reviewed and get a chance
to be presented in front of the audience in a dedicated industry slot.
Submissions must consists of at 2-6 pages WIP ACM formatted paper.
Submission details will be published at http://www.auto-ui.org/17/authors/.

Conference Topics include, but are not limited to:

Devices & Interfaces
--------------------
Multi-modal, speech, audio, gestural, natural input/output
In-car gaming, entertainment and social experiences
Interfaces for navigation
Text input and output while driving
Applications and user-interfaces for inter-vehicle communication
Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car
Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user interface component
Electric vehicle interfaces
Affective intelligent interfaces

Automation & Instrumentation
----------------------------
Automated driving and interfaces for (semi) autonomous driving
Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and Augmented Reality (AR) concepts
Cooperative Driving/Connected Vehicles
Assistive technology in the vehicular context
Information access (search, browsing, etc.)
Vehicle-based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity
Entertainment and play (semi) autonomous driving
Ethics

Evaluation & Benchmarking
-------------------------
Methods and tools for automotive user-interface research, including
simulation
Automotive user-interface frameworks and toolkits
Naturalistic/field studies of automotive user interfaces
Automotive user-interface standards
Modeling techniques for cognitive workload and visual demand estimation

Driver Performance & Behavior
-----------------------------
Different user groups and user group characteristics
Subliminal cues, warnings and feedback to augment driving behavior
Emotional state recognition while driving
Detecting/ measuring driver distraction
Detecting and estimating user intentions
Driver modeling

We are looking forward to seeing you in Oldenburg in September!

Ignacio Alvarez, Intel Corporation (Demo Chair)
Martin Baumann, Ulm University (Demo Chair)
Nora Broy, BMW Group (Industrial Chair)
Sebastian Osswald, Audi AG (Industrial Chair)