From:
Jochen Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jochen Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:09:43 +0100
14th International Conference on Persuasive Technology April 9-11, 2019
Limassol, Cyprus
http://www.persuasive2019.org/

Call for Papers: Special Session Personal Informatics

Self tracking has become a part of daily lives for many people.
Smartphones are not just information hubs, but are also full of sensors
for tracking behavior and context. Dedicated devices such as activity
trackers are capable of tracking ever more information about one's health.
And the traces that we leave behind in the digital world in social
networks and online services can provide tremendous insights into our past
and current activities and states. But collecting data only makes sense if
we utilize this data, e.g. to gain insights about ourselves and ultimately
change the life for better. Application domains are not just related to
health and wellbeing, but also, e.g., finance, traveling, or learning.

We are seeking contributions investigating the role of persuasive
technologies in the context of self-tracking. Suggested topics include,
but are not limited to:
- attitude or behavior change
- long term tracking and interventions
- enhancing compliance
- making sense of data
- supporting reflection and understanding
- concepts and evaluations of new applications

Submissions will have to follow the same format (full or short paper) as
the main conference and they must demonstrate relevance to the conference,
i.e. by using persuasive technology to induce a change in the user.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer in a volume of the Lecture
Notes in Computer Science series (www.springer.com/lncs).

Submission deadline: November 19, 2018
Decision notification: January 14, 2019
Final versions due: January 28, 2019