CHI-EDUCATION Archives

ACM SIGCHI Education Mailing List (EduCHI)

CHI-EDUCATION@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Olivier St-Cyr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olivier St-Cyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2021 19:53:52 +0000
*Apologies in advance for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

We invite members of the HCI education community to contribute to a new Frontiers in Computer Science Research Topic: “Teaching and Learning Human-Computer Interaction (HCI): Current and Emerging Practices.” This Research Topic will provide a forum to discuss, describe, and critique current and emerging best practices for teaching HCI concepts, skills, and methods.

We seek manuscripts that explore any facet of HCI education practice including, but not limited to:

  *   curriculum design,
  *   pedagogy,
  *   teaching approaches,
  *   instructional strategies,
  *   learning environments,
  *   student learning assessment techniques,
  *   any other aspect of providing HCI education.

To promote a global and inclusive vision for HCI education, we encourage submissions from all disciplines, regions, and educational settings, including traditional higher education institutions and non-traditional education providers. We welcome manuscripts of various types that support our goal, including original research, perspective articles, reviews, and curriculum, instruction and pedagogy (CIP) articles and more.

Abstract Deadline: 16 July 2021 (optional)
Manuscript Deadline: 13 October 2021

For more information and to participate, please visit https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/21324/teaching-and-learning-human-computer-interaction-hci-current-and-emerging-practices

Frontiers in Computer Science is a multidisciplinary open access journal that publishes work at the forefront of fundamental and applied computational sciences.

Topic Editors:

Dr. Audrey Girouard, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Dr. Anirudha Joshi, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
Dr. Jin Kang, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Dr. Craig M MacDonald, Pratt Institute, New York City, United States
Dr. Olivier St-Cyr, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dr. Karin Slegers, Tilburg University, Tilburg, Netherlands
Dr. Ahmed Kharrufa, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Dr. Toni Granollers Saltiveri, Universitat de Lleida, Lleida, Spain