CHI-EDUCATION Archives

ACM SIGCHI Education Mailing List (EduCHI)

CHI-EDUCATION@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI Education Mailing List (EduCHI)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ana Pires <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2022 10:54:33 +0100
**Apologies in advance for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the half-day workshop  “*Co-designing with
Mixed-ability Groups of Children to Promote Inclusive Education*” at
the *Interaction
Design for Children Conference (IDC, 2022), *to explore how to co-design
technology in inclusive classrooms where children have diverse sensory,
motor, cognitive or behavioral abilities.
Goals

   1. explore and define the barriers, limitations and opportunities in
   applying co-design approaches for and with children with mixed abilities,
   2. explore co-design techniques and strategies to promote inclusion and
   collaboration among children.

We invite participants to write *short papers of 3-4 pages (excluding
references) as positions papers, initial studies, or case studies, covering
one of the following topics: (1) Co-design and PD approaches with children;
(2) Inclusive education, and (3) Design for inclusion.*

To broaden our audience to enable a more trans-disciplinary debate and
discussion, we invite participants with diverse backgrounds such as
educators or parents to participate as well. We will require

*a brief statement expressing their interest and motivation in
participating in the workshop. *

*Important Dates*

   - Participant submissions due: (on or before) *21* *April *

   - IDC Workshop: 27 June 2022 (Hybrid)

For more details, please visit our website here:

http://www.inclusiveeducation.tech/idc-2022-workshop/

We look forward to your valuable contributions!

Best,

Ana Cristina Pires, Isabel Neto, Emeline Brulé, Laura Malinverni, Oussama
Metatla and Juan Pablo Hourcade

Ana Pires, PhD
LASIGE, Ac <https://techandpeople.github.io/>ce
<https://techandpeople.github.io/>s <https://techandpeople.github.io/>sible
Computing, Pervasive Healthcare, and Usable Privacy
<https://techandpeople.github.io/team/acp.html>
Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Edifício C6 Piso 3, Campo Grande, 1749 - 016 Lisboa
Contact: (+351) 21 750 05 32 - ext. 26337