CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:58:14 -0400
7bit
Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Brent Beckley <[log in to unmask]>
I am pleased to announce a new book from ACM Books, the sixth in the
Human-Computer Interaction series.

Weaving Fire into Form: Aspirations for Tangible and Embodied Interaction

Brygg Ullmer, Clemson University,

Orit Shaer, Wellesley College,

Ali Mazalek, Toronto Metropolitan University,

Caroline Hummels, Eindhoven University of Technology

ISBN: 9781450397674

PDF ISBN: 9781450397704

Hardcover ISBN: 9781450397698

Copyright July 2022 | 554 Pages

Abstract

This book investigates multiple facets of the emerging discipline of
Tangible, Embodied, and Embedded Interaction (TEI). This is a story of atoms
and bits. We explore the interweaving of the physical and digital, toward
understanding some of their wildly varying hybrid forms and behaviors.
Spanning conceptual, philosophical, cognitive, design, and technical aspects
of interaction, this book charts both history and aspirations for the future
of TEI. We examine and celebrate diverse trailblazing works,and provide
wide-ranging conceptual and pragmatic tools toward weaving the animating
fires of computation and technology into evocative tangible forms. We also
chart a path forward for TEI engagement with broader societal and
sustainability challenges that will profoundly (re)shape our children's and
grandchildren's futures. We invite you all to join this quest.

Table of Contents

Introduction / Tangible and Embodied Interaction / TEI in the Wild / Framing
TEI / Theories of Embodiment / Mediating Technologies / Aesthetics of TEI /
Evaluating TEI / Paths Forward: Aspirations for TEI / Summary / Author
Biographies / Appendices

https://www.morganclaypoolpublishers.com/catalog_Orig/product_info.php?produ
cts_id=1718

With regards,