CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
"Boland,Kerry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boland,Kerry
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:20:25 +0000
Drexel University's College of Computing & Informatics<http://drexel.edu/cci> (CCI) presents its second event in its new monthly MS in Information Webinar Series:

“Using Emerging Technology to Support Health”

Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. EST

Abstract: Drexel CCI Assistant Professor Jina Huh-Yoo, PhD<https://drexel.edu/cci/about/directory/H/Huh-Yoo-Jina/> will discuss her research in using emerging technology to support health, focusing on her work with Tailorable Technology Assisted Motivational Interviewing (T2AMI), a conversational agent that helps parents of young children improve healthy feeding. She will also address possible implications for designing and developing emerging technology for health.

This online event is free and open to all.

REGISTER: drexelcci.info/msi1218<http://drexelcci.info/msi1218>

About the Series: Presented by Drexel CCI Information Science faculty<https://drexel.edu/cci/about/directory/?department=%7bBBC6E9BE-A240-46D1-AE04-D715AF7B03AB%7d&q&sortBy=relevance&sortOrder=asc&page=1>, this series focuses on industry trends and research topics around the MS in Information degree program's graduate major areas: Library and Information Science<https://drexel.edu/cci/academics/graduate-programs/ms-in-information/library-science-graduate-program-major/> (an ALA accredited program), Digital Content Management<https://drexel.edu/cci/academics/graduate-programs/ms-in-information/digital-content-manager-major/>, and Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience (UX)<https://drexel.edu/cci/academics/graduate-programs/ms-in-information/human-computer-interaction-ux-major/>.

UPCOMING SESSIONS:

  *   January 15, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Tim Gorichanaz, PhD on "Art as Information" - Abstract: With digital technology have come new art forms, broadly called information arts. But if information is something we can learn from, something that shapes us, then all art has always been informational. This explains how we can come away from certain works of art feeling that we've learned something, even if art doesn't inform us in the way that Wikipedia articles and the news do. In this webinar, Drexel CCI Assistant Professor Tim Gorichanaz, PhD will discuss what it means to see art as information: for artists, information professionals, and the general public. Register at drexelcci.info/msi115<http://drexelcci.info/msi115>
  *   February 4, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Mat Kelly, PhD on "Saving My Web Things for Me and Others but Not All” - Abstract: We talk, live, and interact on the Web--it is THE medium of modern discourse. Our conversations are important and are sometimes private, but they’re lost in time if not preserved. We rarely think to save our Web Stuff of The Now for the Future Us. In this work, we investigate solutions to a multitude of outstanding problems relating to the preservation and access of the private live Web. This session is presented by CCI Assistant Professor Mat Kelly, PhD. Register at drexelcci.info/msi24<http://drexelcci.info/msi24>
  *   March 5, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Andrea Forte, PhD on "Online Collaboration and Other Dangerous Feats" – Abstract: Participation in online spaces promises new forms of productivity, civic discourse, and interpersonal connection. But in an online world where people regularly encounter harassment and disinformation, participation can be difficult and even dangerous for some. In this short talk, we'll explore the online world as an uneven playing field where some feel safe while others feel excluded and talk about the ways that human-computer interaction (HCI) and/or user experience (UX) might be able to help. This webinar is presented by Associate Professor and Director of the MS in Information Program, Andrea Forte, PhD. Register at drexelcci.info/msi35<http://drexelcci.info/msi35>
  *   April 22, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Denise Agosto, PhD on “The Drexel Capstone Experience: Bringing Library & Information Science Education into Real-World Settings” – Abstract: The Drexel capstone program gives Master’s of Science in Information (MSI) students the chance to put what they learn in the classroom into practice in professional work environments. This session will feature four recent alumni of our MSI in Library & Information Science talking about their capstone project work in libraries, archives, museums, and corporate and nonprofit information centers. Register at drexelcci.info/msi422<http://drexelcci.info/msi422>
  *   May 13, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. EST: Xia Lin, PhD on “Information Seeking and Knowledge Graph” – Abstract: Information seeking is the process through which people navigate through the knowledge space to obtain useful information for their information needs. The process is often compared to navigation in the physical space. While people depend on geographical maps or GPS to navigate the physical space, there are no reliable knowledge maps or GPS for information seeking. In this talk, CCI Professor and Information Science Department Head Xia Lin, PhD will discuss the research front on knowledge map and knowledge graph creation through concept mapping, knowledge representation, and information visualization. Register at drexelcci.info/msi513<http://drexelcci.info/msi513>

About Drexel CCI's MS in Information Degree Program: Drexel’s MS in Information (MSI) program is a professional master’s of information management degree that prepares students to be leaders in the information profession who can lead, collaborate and innovate data-driven solutions to advance society and the economy. Students in the program are trained for a range of information and data-oriented careers at the intersection of people, information and technology. Learn more at drexelcci.info/msi<http://drexelcci.info/msi>

###