CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
"Martin K.-C. Yeh" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin K.-C. Yeh
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:47:36 -0500
Hello everyone,

We have created a tutor and accompanying book on skills to not catch
COVID-19 and related diseases.  We built it partly to test our tutoring
tools, but also due to the local pandemic:

The tutor: http://StopTheSpread.health

It is free, but requires an email to create an account. The email is
used only as an identifier, it is not used for registration (we have
some odd emails).

     A summary of it:
https://news.psu.edu/story/618715/2020/05/06/research/online-tutor-helps-general-public-turn-covid-19-prevention-efforts

We have also created an accompanying illustrated 200 page book including
quizzes
(https://sunburypress.com/products/skills-to-obstruct-pandemics-covid-19,
also at Amazon and Barnes & Noble).  We are using the book in a 1-credit
course this spring at Penn State.

     PSU Press release: http://ist.psu.edu/skills-to-obstruct-pandemics

     Preview:
http://acs.ist.psu.edu/papers/ritterCHYJOOFBJ20-front-matter.pdf

We are also open to collaboration on research projects to use it, extend
it, or test it. In some cases I can get you a copy of the book.

cheers,

Frank & Martin

Professor, College of IST
http://acs.ist.psu.edu