CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Ronald Baecker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronald Baecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2021 08:11:15 -0500
We are proud to announce the Second Edition of our eBook, The COVID-19 Solutions Guide <https://thecovidguide.com/>, the only broad and deep pandemic resource in a Second Edition.

Our book conveys COVID clarity. To help with 2021's hard times (despite vaccinations), we give 100 useful tips for surviving medically, emotionally, and financially.

Special emphasis is placed on relevant and usable technologies.
Written by four accomplished and knowledgeable authors — two academics, a public health physician, and a financial advisor — the Second Edition has new material on:

1. The COVID-19 pandemic … the full medical story, explained clearly

2. Getting care … not easy in a pandemic

3. Schooling during COVID … online, in-school, and hybrid

4. Businesses, jobs, and work … resourceful entrepreneurs are thriving … tech for working at home

5. Finances … advice for individuals, families, and businesses

6. Living well during COVID … staying connected at a distance

7. Coping at home … and the challenges

8. Seniors and other vulnerable populations

Appendix A. Pandemic modeling

Appendix B. Safe internet use

Best wishes for a safe 2021,

Emeritus University of Toronto Prof. Ron Baecker, 2020 CHI Social Impact Awardee