CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Carol Righi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Righi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:05:41 -0400
We'd like to invite you to participate in a UPA Conference workshop Janice
James and I are facilitating on Tuesday, June 24th entitled "Effectively and
Accurately Sizing and Scoping UCD Projects."

Sizing UCD projects presents special challenges to consultants and others
responsible for this task.  No matter how experienced the practitioner,
(s)he is continually faced with the challenge of how to effectively size a
UCD project so that the actual end time spent on the various activities
reflects what was originally proposed.  The process of estimating the time
it will take to complete any given phase of a UCD project, not to mention
the entire project, is affected by many variables.

The goal of this workshop is, therefore, to share best practices for
effectively sizing UCD projects.

See http://www.upassoc.org/conf2003/Workshops/w7.htm for more information
about the workshop topic, deadlines for submission of position papers, and
other details.  Also, feel free to e-mail or call us if you have any
questions about the workshop.

Note that the early registration discount for UPA expires May 31.

Hope to see you at UPA!

Carol

Carol Righi
Righi Interface Engineering