CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:50:42 +0100
We're pleased to announce version 1.1 of our SynCaps card sorting and
cluster analysis software (SYNtagm Computer-Aided Paper Sorting).

SynCaps version 1.1 adds several exciting new (and useful) features:

- It will read input files from IBM's EZSort suite (.rec files created
by USort or similar). This means that SynCaps can be used as a robust
replacement to the analysis portion of EZCalc.

- SynCaps supports two new card sorting concepts: sub-groups (as found
in USort) and multiple-copy sorting. The latter allows participants to
work with more than one copy of each card and to include these in
different groups.

- The item file and proximity matrix are output in dendogram order. For
the proximity matrix this means it is now very easy to use Excel (or
similar) to produce a surface map (see our web site for examples).

There are also improvements to existing features:

- The import and export dialog is easier to use and provides greater
control over processing options.

- The instructions are now more extensive and provide step-by-step
details on how to perform additional analyses.

Users of SynCaps V1.0 can upgrade for free - just download the new
executable plus either the revised A4 or US Letter templates and
instructions. New users can try SynCaps free for 30 days.

Further details and downloads at
http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/cardsort.shtml

Regards,

William Hudson
Syntagm Ltd
Design for Usability
US Toll Free 1-866-SYNTAGM
UK 01235-522859
World +44-1235-522859
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.syntagm.co.uk
http://www.designforusability.com

Web Design for Usability Tutorial/Workshop, London 3 November 2005
In collaboration with the British HCI Group and UK UPA
Full details and online booking:
http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/webdesign.shtml

Celebrate World Usability Day by Attending!