CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Madhu Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Madhu Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:14:46 -0700
The on-line registration page for the ACM 2002 Conference on Computer
Supported Cooperative Work (http://www.acm.org/cscw2002) is now open. The
conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans, LA, between
November 16-20.  We invite you to register soon, to take advantage of
discounted rates and to ensure a spot in our most popular tutorials
(http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/prog-tutorials.html), which have limited
numbers of seats.  The deadline for early advanced registration is
Wednesday, October 16. You can access our conference registration page
directly at http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/reg.html. You can also make
reservations on-line at our conference hotel by visiting
http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/info.html.

We are delighted to announce that Howard Rheingold, author of "Virtual
Communities" and the forthcoming "Smart Mobs", and Stewart Brand, author of
"How Buildings Learn" and "The Clock of the Long Now", will be delivering
plenary addresses at the conference.  We will also have an exciting
collection of papers, panels, demonstrations and posters being presented at
the conference.  The main conference will be preceded by a day of workshops
on Saturday, November 16 -- many of which still have open calls for
participation (http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/prog-workshops.html) -- and the
aforementioned first-rate tutorials program offered Saturday evening and
all day Sunday, November 17.  Information about the entire conference
program can be found at http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/prog.html.

We have inaugurated a new on-line companion site for the conference,
CSCWplace (http://www.cscwplace.org/). The goal of this site is to promote
discussions among attendees (and other people interested in the
conference), extending the interactions before, during and after the
conference.  Attendees (including authors and other speakers) can exchange
notes about general or specific topics, papers, panels, or any other events
associated with the conference, as well as find roommates, cab rides from
the airport, companions for dinners out in New Orleans, and information on
places to see in the city.  Please take a moment to join CSCWplace.

If you have any questions, please visit our web site
(http://www.acm.org/cscw2002)
or contact us by email ([log in to unmask]). We look forward to seeing
you in
New Orleans!

Elizabeth Churchill & Joe McCarthy,
Conference Co-Chairs