CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Dick Horst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Horst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:08:53 -0500
Dear web design colleagues,
UserWorks is investigating current practices and perceived needs regarding "syntactic analysis tools" for Web design. By "syntactic analysis tools" we mean software routines that automatically check your code against guidelines for designing Web user interfaces for improved usability and/or accessibility. If you are a Web designer, we would appreciate your responses to the online survey located at
http://survey.userworks.com/syntactic/
whether or not you currently use a syntactic analysis tool or have in the past. The questionnaire can be completed online or printed out and faxed to us. It should take no more than about 5 - 10 minutes of your time. We will provide, by e-mail, a summary of the findings to all respondents. In order to be of most use to us, we need your response within the next few days.

Please be assured that there are no right or wrong answers and we are not, in any way, trying to evaluate you. We are interested in your candid assessment of any tools that you have tried to date, which features you would prefer in a next generation tool, and the extent to which you foresee syntactic analysis tools being of use to you in the future. All responses are strictly confidential. Responses will be reported only in aggregate form, with no identifying information about individual respondents.

Thank you for your time and interest. If you have questions, please contact us.
Dick Horst
UserWorks, Inc.
301-431-0500
www.userworks.com