From:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:03:51 -0700
There are lots of examples of this, and they pretty much all restore
the previous selection. See the Preferences dialog of Yahoo Messenger
for several examples (the "Archive" category pretty much mirrors what
you're trying to do). Also Microsoft Word's Options dialog; there's
an example dealing with TrueType fonts on the Save tab.

I think the only time checking the parent would automatically check
the children is when the purpose of the UI is to make a selection in
a hierarchy. For example, if you need to select a folder to copy,
then checking the folder should probably also select (and therefore
check) all of the subfolders. If you select a group for assigning
permissions, then you probably also want to select all of the
children under that group.  Etc.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail