CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Damon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:28:39 +0000
Dear All

I was recently at a conference held here in London called "DESIGNING
SUCCESSFUL WEB SITES: QUALITY AND USABILITY" organised by The European
Commission's Information Engineering Sector.

Elke-Maria Melchior from Advanced Concepts for Interactive Technology,
suggested that there was no valid measurements that could be gained from
the analysis of logging data.

In my work, I am trying to establish something worthwhile from all of this
feedback. Early days yet, but has anyone managed to gain anything from
looking at this stuff?

Incidently, I agree 100 percent with Ryan Sims' airing about graphic design
interfering with usability.

Damon

Damon Clark
- voice and fax: 0181 675 8960