CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Matthew Dull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Dull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:08:16 -0400
Hi Hal,

Password retrieval should be handled by allowing visitors to enter
their email address and then have a link to change their password sent
to them via email.  That way only the person who has access to the
address can change the password; a stranger who uses your email
address can't change your password because they can't access your
email account.  Sending a link via email is also better than just the
pure password, because then nothing can be intercepted while the
password-change process is underway.

Does that answer your question?

-- Matt Dull
Usability Auditor