Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:55:45 +1000
Greetings! I'm Ash Donaldson - this week's CHI-WEB moderator.

This mail contains list policy information and pending summaries.

== ABOUT POSTING ===
Member-only posting to CHI-WEB is now implemented.

When posting to the list, please remember:
          * Make sure you post a summary if you collect comments and
suggestions.
          * The posting must be in plain text.
          * Trim your replies.

We ask that you add meta-information to your subject line in the form
of a category statement. The four types follow:

         **DISCUSSION: A web and hci/usability title goes here

         **C+S: A broader range of topics could go here (perhaps more
technical or more general HCI - this is our "collect and summarize"
initial request)

         **SUMMARY: The title of the original posting goes here so an
archive search will find it (this is the C+S follow up). Please
include contributor names unless they ask to be anonymous.

         **REQUEST: Volunteers, labs or other resources requested here

For detailed posting guidelines, please visit the CHI-WEB site:
<<http://sigchi.org/web/guidelines.html>>

== PENDING SUMMARIES ===

If you have not received sufficient responses to create a summary,
please let a moderator know.

:: New pending summaries:

C+S: Web color schemes for night/low ambient light conditions
Jeff Rankin <[log in to unmask]>

C+S: User reflexivity
Amy Hogan <[log in to unmask]>

C+S: Security code images and usability

:: Pending summaries (over a week old):

SEPTEMBER
Convergence - good to what degree
Alok Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Sept 2004

C+S: UI Element Design
"Michael Tuminello" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Sep 2004

AUGUST
C+S: Usability Guidelines for Blackberry
"Sulleiro, Andres" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Aug 2004

number of options for statistical relevance in surveys
Livia Labate

JULY
C&S: Web-based application terminology
Karen Casemier

C+S: Looking for 'Call-me button' guidelines
Antje Roestenburg

C+S: Resources for usability testing in Munich & Barcelona
Jenny Blackburn
July 14, 2004

C+S: UX Modeling Software
Alok Jain
July 7, 2004

JUNE

C+S: Interface Text Guidelines
Manzoor Khan
June 21, 2004

C&S: Guidelines / Best Practices for verbal help prompts in software Marina
Zielinski Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:42:49 -0700

C&S: Audio Instruction - guidelines & best practices Marina Zielinski Mon,

C+S: Productivity Metrics
From: Sandro Marques
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:57:46 -

MAY

-- (17 May) Matthew Wright  - C+S: Bespoke Content
-- (04 May) Jeremy LaCivita: Spanish verbal buttons

APRIL

-- (26 April) Stephanie Berger - usable phrasing?
-- (07 April) Jean-Yves Delort  - an agent to build more relevant queries on
google and other search engines
-- (05 April) Laura Ward  - C+S: UI for Government Form
-- (02 April) Jeff Sikes - Form Design: Visual Design Best Practice

== REMINDER ===

To suspend your CHI-WEB subscription before turning on out-of-office
replies, please send the following line as the body of an email to

          set chi-web nomail

To resume your subscription when you return, send this line

          set chi-web mail

Thank you for your time,

Ash Donaldson
CHI-WEB Team