Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:16:49 +1000
Greetings!

I'm Ash Donaldson, CHI-WEB moderator for this week.

This mail contains list policy information and pending summaries.

== ABOUT POSTING ===

When posting to the list, please remember:
        * Post only from an email address that is subscribed to the
list
        * Make sure you post a summary if you collect comments
        * The posting must be in plain text.
        * Trim your replies.

We ask that you add meta-information to your subject line in the form of

a category statement. The four types follow:

       **DISCUSSION: A web and hci/usability title goes here

       **C+S: A broader range of topics could go here (perhaps more
technical or more general HCI - this is our "collect and summarize"
initial request)

       **SUMMARY: The title of the original posting goes here so an
archive search will find it (this is the C+S follow up). Please include
contributor names unless they ask to be anonymous.

       **REQUEST: Volunteers, labs or other resources requested here

For detailed posting guidelines, please visit the CHI-WEB site:
http://sigchi.org/web/guidelines.html

== PENDING SUMMARIES ===

If you have not received sufficient responses to create a summary,
please let a moderator know.

:: Pending summaries (last week)

Wed 19 Jan 2005
C+S: Cart Abandonment & Order Process Length
Mischa Weiss-Lijn <[log in to unmask]>

:: Pending summaries (over a week old-last 3 months only):

Thu 9 Dec 2004
"Sarah L. Ockler" [log in to unmask]
C+S: Adoption rates/tactics/studies for healthcare/financial portals

Thu 9 Dec 2004
Alistair Edwards [log in to unmask]
Request: Security and memorability of passwords

Wed 8 Dec 2004
"Hal Shubin" [log in to unmask]
C+S: Limiting basic search

Mon 6 Dec 2004
"Mary Tung" [log in to unmask]
C+S: Site maps

Wed 17 Nov 2004
"Sarah Kling" [log in to unmask]
Advice needed: Finding a volunteer usability intern

Tue 16 Nov 2004
"Roland Sailer" [log in to unmask]
Interaction Design and Integration with IT Processes

== REMINDER ===

To suspend your CHI-WEB subscription before turning on out-of-office
replies, please send the following line as the body of an email to

        set chi-web nomail

To resume your subscription when you return, send this line

        set chi-web mail

Thank you for your time,

Ash Donaldson
CHI-WEB Team