CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Kartik Mithal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:18:58 -0700
I highly recommend the Woodstock component set along with the accompanying Sun Web application guidelines.

The Sun Web app guidelines are written by a group of interaction designers at Sun and used on 20+ web applications. The guidelines drive the components. Each component is designed to deliver the functionality needed by the web apps. As a result they are based on actual use cases. There has been lots of usability testing, both of the components directly, and of the apps built using the components, so the usability of the components is solid.

The Woodstock component set is available at: https://woodstock.dev.java.net/index.html

and the Sun Web Application Gudelines (v 4.0) are at:

http://developers.sun.com/docs/web-app-guidelines/uispec4_0/

The components are also part of the NetBeans IDE's Visual Web Pack that allows drag and drop app creation.

--Kartik

Note: I'm biased having been involved with the project for years.

anant KARTIK MITHAL