Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:00:55 -0400
for Scott and all

Will's message reminds me of how I teach my class.

I teach e marketing and the first class each semester
usually has a 15 minute exercise, where students are
requested to find  two large sites like a gov't  service,
or a bank or a public library.  (remember two of the same)
They then have to decide in advance what they wish to do on the site.
It is usually remarkable how one site is always more user friendly than the
other.
For instance one library it takes two clicks to renew your books.
In comparison another  library takes nine. This kind of comparison
illustrates
to non developers many basic user friendly concepts... perhaps this  type
of comparison may assist you. Actually having a plan in advance is the key.

hope you find this of use
Annabelle

Annabelle Hoffman
Creative Catalyst