Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 09:01:34 -0400
Just to go along with selection boxes with no default :

I can understand the logic for the drop down lists, using "none" as a
default value, forcing the user to make a choice in the list.

But we have a similar problem with mandatory check boxes. The check box
has two states (yes/no).  How can we make sure the user meant really
"No" and didn't just forget to check the box?  Should we then use a drop
down for Yes, No and use "None" as a default value?

Currently, we propose a mixed state for the check box (check box in
green) when the user gets to our form.  The user then has to click once
to check the box and click a second time to uncheck it.

Any proposition on how to treat mandatory check box with no default
value?

Anne Deputter
DLGL