From:
Anders Dinsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anders Dinsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:13:17 +0200
Hello Lene and others,

Let me point out one additional factor: Getting the acknowledgement of
management, the client or whoever makes the final decision about how the
product must work.

I do appreciate the fact that developers are the ones that turns the
"vision" about the finished product into reality, and the this vision is
the one we attempt to push in a usability oriented direction by means of
personas, and that in this way the developers play an important role.
But in commercial product development, there is usually a client,
management board or other person or instutution who must accept the design.

In this case, personas can work as powerful means of communication
between you, the expert of user centered design, the
client/manager/whoever, and the developers.

Cheers,
Anders Dinsen
Founder ASYM APS
www.asym.dk