From:
Jochen Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jochen Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:34:50 +0200
The OFFIS Institute for Information Technology, Oldenburg, Germany, is
conducting the "DOMS" (Don't Mind your Steps) study about activity
analysis from low-cost consumer pedometers. For this study we are
currently collecting sample data from selected devices. We provide an
online tool for importing and annotating the data with activities such as
walking, running, or cycling.

We therefore invite users of
        Fitbit, Jawbone UP, and Nike Fuelband
devices to submit and annotate their data. The easy-to-use interactive
online tool and more background information are available at
        http://heartaware.offis.de/DOMS

As a small compensation for their effort, participants will not just see
their own data in much more detail than the presentation in the original
portals, but they will also be able to download their own annotated
pedometer data in CSV format for own analyses. While registration is
necessary, the participants can remain fully anonymous. The collected data
will solely be used for the purposes of this study.

Please support our study by submitting and annotating your data.

Regards

Jochen Meyer
        OFFIS Institute for Information Technology
        Oldenburg, Germany

            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]