CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:26:10 +0000
From: William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)" <[log in to unmask]>
(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Some of you did a card sort for me a couple of months back. The results have been used in an article that is currently with the editor, so hopefully it will be available early next year.

In the meantime, I have another project on the same lines (fruit and vegetables) but it's a little bit longer. It should still only take between 10 and 15 minutes. Also, for reasons I cannot go into just yet, there are some very specific instructions (these are repeated on the web site):

1. If you were born in an ODD year, create a group called Green Vegetables. DO NOT create a group called Salad Vegetables or similar. Then follow the remaining instructions starting at 3, below.
2. If you were born in an EVEN year, create a group called Salad Vegetables. DO NOT create a group called Green Vegetables or similar. Then follow the remaining instructions starting at 3, below.
3. All groups (from steps 1 or 2 above and the others you are free to create) should have between 2 and 6 items.
4. No groups should be given Latin names - so avoid brassicas, alliums and so on.
5. No groups should be personal - so no 'I don't like these', 'I grow these at home', 'Yuck' (this is a real group name from a previous study!)

I will choose an email address at random from the results, so make sure your email address is correct. It will not be used for any other purpose. If your address is drawn and you have followed the instructions above you have won the draw. I will contact you to see what country you would like your gift voucher for.

The URL for the card sort project is http://bit.ly/vMQkwW

It will be open until Friday 16 December.

Regards,

William Hudson
Syntagm Ltd
User Experience Strategist
UK 01235-522859
World +44-1235-522859
US Toll Free 1-866-SYNTAGM
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.syntagm.co.uk
skype:williamhudsonskype
twitter:SyntagmUCD

Syntagm is a limited company registered in England and Wales (1985).
Registered number: 1895345. Registered office: 10 Oxford Road, Abingdon OX14 2DS.

UX and UCD courses in London and Brussels
www.syntagm.co.uk/design/schedule.shtml

            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]