From:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:00:22 +0100
Kathy E Gill wrote:
>> I posted a (long) blog entry last night detailing my experience with
>> an Internet.com redirect. The link was provided in one of their
>> newsletters -- but it failed to work in any of the four browsers that
>> I have on my Mac
[snip]

> still interested in hypotheses and thoughts about this "breakage" ...
> but someone at internet.com got a clue this afternoon. it was
> accessible when I checked at 2 pm pacific time.

Hi Kathy,

I can't say for sure, but I suspect that it was a JavaScript refresh,
which relies on the browser understanding that code. It is still too
common for people to use Win/IE specific JavaScript :/

For browser compatibility, usability and accessibility reasons, you are
generally better off doing redirects from the server, which works for
any browser. A good start on the technical aspects of this is here:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Regards,

-Alastair

--

Alastair Campbell   |   Usability Analyst

Please refer to the following disclaimer for this message:
http://www.nomensa.com/email/disclaimer.html