From:
Adriana Tavares <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adriana Tavares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:14:48 -0700
Hello Manoj

I haven't found too much information about usability rules for e-mails
But what I've been learning from designing emails for a network of
advertising sites is:
- Keep the most important content above 200px. I found that this's the
average of outlook, msn, and yahoo email app.
- Keep the action button also above 200px. Sometimes I repeat the button
twice, one at the top and another at the bottom.
- Keep the file size below 20kb
- And for width I've been using 450-500px

That's what I know.
Hope it's not too wrong, but actually they've been working well

Best,
Adriana Tavares
Interaction Designer
www.adrianatavares.com [portfolio]
iyro.adrianatavares.com [thesis project]
cel 818-521-4174
home/fax 818-842-0114
Burbank . CA . US