CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
Simon Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:59:30 -0500
The importance of the label "Web 2.0" seems to me because it implies a mind
set, more than a technology set, and it implies that more effectively than
does "semantic web".

I've only been familiar with the term for about 6 weeks, but it seems to me
to imply any approach to building web or web-based services which is
designed to allow for unplanned and possibly unregulated use of the service
by other people.

Simon Grant