Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:52:46 -0500
Perhaps one solution would be to generate a "tool tip" for the page link
that simply says "Current Page," to let the person know that the page she
is viewing is the same as the link she's about to click.
This informs the person what the link is about, doesn't alter the
navigation scheme, and empowers the person to make her own choice about
what's best to click.

:-)