From:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alastair Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:35:43 +0100
Derek L Olson wrote:
> In this scenario, it would not be off-base to add in some (non-random)

> interfaces that present widely-used website interface elements like
> breadcrumbs, etc.

To reduce the variables, perhaps a design library could be used as the
source, and the results fed back to the maintainers of the library?

I keep meaning to go through it in more detail, but this might provide
the basis:
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/

For example, you could take their breadcrumbs pattern:
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/pattern.php?pattern=breadcrumbs

Use that as the basis for a mock-up or test site and include a task that
(should) include the use of the breadcrumbs. Collate results from a few
sources, and pass that information back to Yahoo. (I have no connection
with Yahoo, but they seem to be very active & open, so would probably
welcome the feedback.)

Just a thought...

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html