CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

James Wanless <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:46:13 +0000
You had asked what people use if not Acrobat, to read PDFs.  If you are on
a Mac, then for simple viewing Preview is actually preferred because it
loads fast and you can print from it as well.  As for the naming
convention, it's a PDF document, not an Acrobat document.  Since PDFs can
be produced and opened by more than just Acrobat software, this is far
more accurate.  I've been producing web sites and applications for over 15
years and this is the first I've ever heard a PDF referred to as an
Acrobat document.  Sorry, but it sounds kind of stupid IMHO.

James