CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:36:09 -0500
We are getting ready to launch a new site with contact information for our
investment bankers.  They would like to include their e-mail addresses, but
our IT department is advising against it.  I.T. is concerned that the
addresses will be crawled causing an increase in our corporate SPAM.  We
are considering two other approaches:

1. Including the e-mail address but making it an image.  However, this
would mean the address could not be copied and pasted.

2. Not including the e-mail address but using a "Contact Me" form that has
fields the user completes.

What are your opinions about these options?
Are there other options we should consider?
Are best practices now emerging that balance user needs with anti-SPAM
measures?

Thanks - Pat