Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:52:46 +0200
Hello

I have a client who wants to include a 'security code image' in their
online checkout process. The image presents a code of letters and numbers
and has a certain degree of visual distortion. The customer needs to type
in the same code in a textbox before he or she can proceed. The whole thing
is meant to stop automated scripts from passing beyond this point in the
checkout process.

I'm wondering how much of a barrier these images form, not just to scripts,
but to actual customers? Will many of them be unable to decipher the image
and thus be stuck in the checkout process? Are there any guidelines for
creating these images that ensure security AND readability/accesibility?

Please reply directly to me, I will summarize for the list.
Thanks in advance,
Damon

Zon Gratis ADSL. De voordelen van gratis internet met de snelheid van
ADSL. Zonder abonnementskosten en zonder vast contract. Je betaalt
alleen voor de tijd online. Nu zonder aansluitkosten en met gratis
modem. Bestel snel op zonnet.nl.