CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

David Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 May 2006 18:56:26 +0200
Hello,

A number of people responded to my last message (enclosed), asking for the
link to the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" online user study.

If you're using Firefox, feel free to participate, you can get started here:

http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/~dkoch/

Thank you for your interest, I will inform you of the results.

Regards,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: ACM SIGCHI WWW Human Factors (Open Discussion)
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Koch
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" user study question

Hello,

As part of my MSc project I am conducting an online user-study.
Participants
need to download a small Firefox PlugIn and play "Six Degrees of Kevin
Bacon"(*) on imdb.com. All in all it takes no more than 10 minutes.

The problem is - particpation has been low, so I am thinking of ways to
boost motivation.

My question is: are there any databases of (trustworthy) people who
participate in that kind of user study, or even companies who would organize
and conduct the whole thing for me?

I could also post a link to the MSc project website right here in case some
of you want to take part in the study.

Alright,

Thank you for your time,

David