From:
Eben Haber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Haber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:09:18 -0400
NEWS FLASH: Reviewers Needed!
-----------------------------

Please volunteer for CHI 2010 reviewing today!

CHI 2010 urgently needs volunteers to review for all tracks of the
conference.  Our first submission tracks are online now, so we will need
to start tapping volunteer reviewers very soon.

As in previous years, CHI will be using the Precision Conference system
for reviewing.

*) If you ALREADY have a PCS, please go to
 https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/ to log in.  Then, click on the
 Volunteer Center link to update your profile and specify how many
 submissions you'd be wiling.

*) If you DO NOT have a PCS account, please sign up!  Go to
 https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/preGetID to create your
 account. Then click the Volunteer Center link to update your profile
 and specify how many submissions you'd be willing to review.

CHI 2010 is using a unified reviewer pool, rather than requiring
reviewers to volunteer for specific submission tracks.  This reduces the
burden of signing on as a volunteer, and also enables CHI to seek
appropriate experts for all submissions.

Your participation in the CHI review process is a vital contribution to
the field, and our community.

NEWS FLASH: Upcoming Deadlines
------------------------------

It's time to start getting your submissions ready for CHI 2010! Course
and Workshop proposals are less than a month away, and the deadline for
Papers and Notes is only three months away.  Here are the important fall
deadlines, with links to details for each category:

July 17:
     o Course proposals (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-courses.html)
     o Workshop proposals (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-workshops.html)

September 17:
     o Papers and Notes (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-papers.html)

October 9:
     o Case Studies (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-case-studies.html)
     o Media Showcase (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-showcase.html)
     o alt.chi (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-altchi.html)
     o Doctoral Consortium (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-dc.html)
     o Panels (http://www.chi2010.org/authors/cfp-panels.html)

CHI 2010: The 28th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems

CHI (ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems) is the
premier international conference for the field of human-computer
interaction. CHI 2010 looks outward to the human experience of computing
in the world. "We are HCI" challenges our community to embrace the
diversity of HCI in the world and to exclaim our commitment as a
profession to empower people from all walks of life.

Regards,

The CHI 2010 Committee